Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bahrain in unrest

This is somewhat off-topic but I just realized that I was in Bahrain 3 weeks ago. The ironic thing is that I went with a taxi driver who talked about the ‘poor Egyptians’ and that Bahrain was such a free country that something like the protests in Egypt would never happen there. I guess he was horribly wrong!

17 February 2011 Last updated at 14:13 GMT

Bahrain protests banned as military tightens grip

Injured brought to hospital in Manama, Bahrain, 17 Feb Hundreds of people were injured in the clashes

Protests have been banned in Bahrain and the military has been ordered to tighten its grip after the violent removal of anti-government demonstrators, state TV reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12495733

I just thought that this was an interesting time for me to be there, during the clashes in Egypt and before those in Bahrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment