Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lantern festival

After a busy day registering I went to the mountains up over Taipei to Pingxi to witness the annual lantern festival at which all participants take a Bengal light and write messages of good luck on it before they let it rise. And the climax is of course the grand free-setting of hundreds of those.

I was supposed to meet Alex but he confused the venues and went to watch giant bunny-rabbit lanterns in Taipei instead. So I was up there by myself, which made the situation a little bit lonesome and awkward but nonetheless magical. I let a Bengal light rise myself wishing the best to friends and relative and anyone else on this planet.

The atmosphere can hardly be displayed in pictures but you can check out this video to get an idea:

And check out the pictures!

IMG_0227IMG_0233IMG_0239IMG_0258IMG_0273IMG_0283IMG_0287IMG_0296

No comments:

Post a Comment