Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dog days

The clouds hang so deep that only half of Taipei 101 is visible. Temperatures between 15 and 18 centigrade don’t feel so well if they are coupled with drizzle that seems to come from below. After Alex had a intense rush of homesickness we went for a walk across campus and explored some nice waffle place and I signed up for a change of dormitory (only 69 people in front of me – yea!). Then later on Friday, Alex and a two Canadian friends of his decided to go to Costco wholesales market and I since Alex and I had a pretty fun afternoon up to then I decided to join. I guess it was somewhat of a mistake since the three guys and I really were not on the same wavelength I had the impression. We spend about three hours going through endless Costco aisles buying huge quantities of things like juice and cereal. Well… Sorry to bother you. That counts as a wasted afternoon.

Today, Saturday was not a whole lot better when I woke up realizing that I had diarrhea and that the weather had changed to the worse – the drizzle had become an all out rain and temperatures had plummeted. Went to an electronics market with Lee. Thinking about investing in a 50mm Canon lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment